UNCF stem scholars program is a program that identifies and provides scholarship. It provides 100 scholarships annually for the academic support of African American high school students who desire to earn STEM degrees and pursue careers in STEM fields.
What Is STEM?
STEM simply means science, technology, engineering and mathematics. It is a term that is used to group these academic disciplines together. Instead of teaching these four disciplines listed above together separately, STEM combines them into a joint course that can be used in the real-world. STEM provides a joint learning environment which shows students how to apply scientific methods in real life.
Benefits Of UNCF Stem Scholars Program
UNCF stem scholars program clears the path for young people to study most courses in STEM as undergraduates, it also helps them to form a career path in STEM courses they major in. They provide up to $2, 500 per academic year for students and extra $5, 000 for students whose academic programs require a fifth year.
Uncf Stem Scholarships
Since UNCF was founded, it has helped more than 500,000 students to earn college degrees. It is the nations largest private provider of scholarship to minority group members. Each year more than $100 million awards in scholarships are given to students who are attending more than 1,100 schools across the country. UNCF manages a variety of scholarship programs which includes.
Fund | | foundation UNCF STEM
Scholars program, UNCF/Koch
Scholars program, Watt on k-12
Education Fellowship and
Fredrick Douglas Bicentennial Scholarship program
UNCF stem scholars program is restricted to students studying construction engineering /management, computer science/ data processing, Chemical engineering, Civil engineering, electrical engineering /electronics, energy and power engineering, energy – related technologies, engineering /technology, mechanical engineering, health and medical sciences, mathematics, materials science, engineering, physical sciences and metallurgy.
Requirements To Apply
1. An application form.
2. A well written essay.
3. A financial need analysis.
uncf stem scholars
uncf stem scholars are high school students who are determined to pursue a career path in STEM fields. They receive scholarships, internships, mentoring and other tools necessary to help reach their goals.
In order to qualify for UNCF stem scholars program applicants must:
1. Be an Africa American
2. Be a citizen or a legal permanent resident of United States.
3. Must have pursued a rigorous course of study in high school in math and science courses including pre calculus.
4. Must have a CGPA of 3.0 on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
5. Must have demonstrated a financial need as measured by the institution.
6. Must show readiness to pursue STEM majors.
7. Must complete every application essay.
8. Provide a letter of recommendation which should be submitted via UNCF application portal.
9. Must be enrolled at a US located and accredited University or college for the first time in the fall as a full time degree – seeking first-year student.
UNCF stem scholars program is a program that has helped shape many students desire to pursue an undergraduate STEM degree. It provides academic support and mentoring to students. For more information visit about UNCF stem scholars program