James Mccune Smith Scholarship at University of Glasgow: The University of Glasgow is now offering an exciting opportunity for high-potential students through its James Mccune Smith Scholarship.
With the award of £2,000, this scheme will help students who are unable to earn an undergraduate level of education at the university due to their economic circumstances.
With a great range of lucrative courses and top-notch facilities, the University of Glasgow has booked its place in the list of world’s top 100 universities. It was started in 1451, making it the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world.
Why at the University of Glasgow? The university carries out world-changing research, and its innovation has been solving the problems of the modern world. It has been dedicated to changing the lives of students regardless of their background or circumstance.
This support will grant the award of £2,000 to support the one year of the undergraduate study.
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Application Deadline: July 12, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Glasgow
- Department: N/A
- Award: £2,000
- Number of Awards: 30
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK or RUK students
- The award can be taken in the UK
James Mccune Smith Scholarship at University of Glasgow Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: UK or RUK
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree program in any field offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be classed as ‘Home’ or ‘RUK’ for fee purposes
- Have firmly accepted an offer of a place to study a full-time undergraduate program, at the University of Glasgow in the forthcoming academic year (September 2020) or be a continuing undergraduate student.
- Identify as being of African/African-Caribbean descent
- Be undertaking your first undergraduate degree.
- How to Apply for the James Mccune Smith Scholarship at University of Glasgow: To apply, first candidates must take admission in an undergraduate program at the university. Once they have been admitted into an applicable program, they can use this online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts and award, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Entry requirements vary from one course to another.
- Language Requirement: Candidates whose first language is not English are expected to produce proof of proficiency in the English language. The following are acceptable as evidence: IELTS, Cambridge English Advanced, and Certificate of Proficiency in English and Pearson Test of English.